Monday, November 23, 2009

Themes

For the last few years several of my friends have discussed their theme for the year.  And several have started talking about next years theme already.  Sheesh I am not ready for it to be next year yet, I don't want to think about it, I still have 6 or so weeks of this year to get through, Thanksgiving, Christmas, an Anniversary, and Birthday planning for one soon to be eight-year-old (on New Year's Day).  But, alas, God wouldn't have it that way.

I started thinking on it.  First I went back over the themes He gave me for the last two years, Articulate in 2008 and Prepare in 2009.  I started thinking I hadn't done much with either of the two, but He backed me up and showed me distinctive and specific ways in which I did, giving me encouragement along the way.  I wondered if a combination of the two was in order, I just wasn't getting anything new.  And so I pondered.

Then last night, it was given to me, "Anticipate" - it goes along in order with the other two, Articulate what you want (I voiced my Calling again, with firm conviction and solid confirmation this time), Prepare for it (much of this year's church involvement has been spent with an eye on Training and future Officership), now Anticipate it being given. (What, when and how I don't know but I am certainly excited about the whole idea of it.)

He even gave me a verse this year to go with it.  Hebrews 6:10

10God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.

Now I don't want to leave the impression that my theme has one and only one focus (Officership).  In fact it has been much more than that.  I can't even begin to scratch the surface in one blog post about it.  I just used that as a clear example of the progression of my themes.

4 comments:

  1. WOW Maria, LOVE IT!
    Wish I loved what i think mine MIGHT be as much. Actually it COULD be a very good thing, but I'm just not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God has always been faithful to show me at the end of the year how many ways the theme infiltrates my life. It never has only one focus but kind of melts down into the jumble of all things that make up my days.
    Praying for you, my friend. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That made me cry! I'm so excited for you. God is going to do something great- just you wait!

    I find that my themes rarely turn out the way I thought they would. However, when I look back on the previous year, I see that God *always* does what He said He would do. I love it!

    ReplyDelete