My friend Angie had an amazing idea for Christmas this year, and I am stealing it. She is putting up her Christmas tree, adding the lights and unpacking nothing else. She and her children are going to be making all the Christmas ornaments and decorations this year. I fell in LOVE with the idea the moment I read about it and I am stealing it and doing the exact same thing.
She has some craft links posted here. I haven't looked through them yet. I also have my own ideas. We are going to do Jesse Tree Ornaments, and possibly Christmons. I also want to do a nativity somehow, my idea on this one is to really make it special so we can keep it, you see I also collect Nativities, having one hand made by my kids and me will be special to add to the collection. We will also do an Advent Wreath of some sort as well.
I have lots of ideas, when I get home from Thanksgiving I will be looking into it more, posting links of what we find, and pictures of the finished products. And getting started. This will also count for a big portion of school through the Advent season, as well as provide encouragement to finish the book work before working on the craft portions....
Here is one link to start you out King of Peace -- Celebrating Advent.
No comments:
Post a Comment