Monday, November 2, 2009

Back to Real Life

One of the things God has been working in my heart lately is routine and self discipline. I work well when I have external forces directing my steps and goals, even the small daily ones such as getting out of bed and keeping up with housework etc. I don't do so well, however, with self discipline, making and sticking to my own goals for the day, week, etc. It is something that I need to work on.

This came in to focus for me last week, when I discovered, realized, that I was truly slipping into a depressive state of mind. And that I needed to deal with it before it got worse. For me that includes getting into a regular sleep schedule - especially getting up at a specific time in the mornings -- and getting the day going. It also involves keeping moving getting the little things done that pile up around here and become big things.

It will also include personal study time and writing time. I realize, now more than ever, I must write out thoughts in order to process them. It is the way I am wired. I don't speak up in conversations, especially deep conversations, because it takes me awhile to process things and figure out exactly how to articulate what I am thinking and feeling. Often when I try to speak without thinking/ writing it through, I wind up seemingly to talk myself in circles. So I need to sit down and write, some of that will be here, some in my own journal or studies.

It will also include an overhaul of the way I handle the family finances and the kitchen meal times etc. Being proactive instead of reactive in our spending habits and bookkeeping. Tracking spending, menus, etc.

These and other things will probably be tracked as the month progresses and afterwards...........

3 comments:

  1. Love you, Maria :) and I'm a writer-processer too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks gals, and Lorri, sorry we missed you last weekend, hope the kids are better and you can make it down soon.

    ReplyDelete