So last week I was seeing a lot about 31 Days of change. The thought intrigued me, but I never sat down long enough to really read and process the idea. I thought off and on about it, and even decided on a theme. Well one was given to me, but I still hesitated. No that isn't the truth, really. I really let other things get in the way. I did other things, I chose not to tackle this. In fact while in the process of writing this blog, I keep flipping back and forth from this page to every.other.tab I have opened up. In truth, I haven't hesitated I have avoided.
It is because avoiding is easier to do than actually tacking this theme. I don't want to do it. I have been alternately wrestling with and avoiding this all.year.long. The theme: Contentment. This is the theme that God gave me for this year. And honestly I have struggled with it from the first day, because it exposes one of my worst character flaws. I am a perfectionist! Being content with less than perfection is hard for me, even though I rarely, if ever, achieve perfection, or my ideal of it. And what is worse, is that I am an impatient or lazy perfectionist. I want 'it' to be perfect the first time. Mistakes, and learning through them, aren't part of my plan. So there you have it. That is why I am late, why I don't want to do this, and why it is so hard for me.
Now for what I am going to do with this. Like I said I have been wrestling with this theme all year long. And I have a picture in my head of what I am supposed to do with this theme and how it is supposed to look when it is finished. However, that is just it, it is MY picture in MY head. I don't think it is what God has planned at all. Because really, he does work in different ways than my own limited view of Him. I don't really know what His view is. So I am going to really seek His heart on the matter. And I am going to blog this process. I will be honest with you, It isn't going to be easy, nor is it going to be pretty I am sure. Because I intend to strip off the blinders of perfectionism and be raw and real, I promise to NOT give you a package tied up with a bow that I "think" should be posted.
I have contemplated about posting this for public consumption. Why am I doing that? Do I link it up with the big 31 Days of Change blog? This is what I have decided. I want, I need, encouragement and accountability from my friends, the ones who know me. So I am posting publicly, and even going to advertise it. But on a limited basis. To those I trust. Because I am not ready to have the eyes of the world witnessing this process at this moment. I am choosing not to post to the big blog right now.
So this is what I am going to do for my 31 Days (minus 2) of Contentment.
I'm here, supporting you!
ReplyDeleteI will be blogging about this in few days when I blog about Focus...I only open one tab at a time anymore. Well right now this one and gmail is open because I use it to link. I open one tab, I read what I need. I close the tab, I go to the next tab. It's not easy but it's retraining my brain to focus fully on one thing at a time until it's DONE
ReplyDeleteThank you both gals! I really appreciate it! And Dana I am working on that very thing right now. One tab at a time.
ReplyDelete