Saturday, October 15, 2011

Saturday Review

My friend Dana implemented a Saturday Review on her blog.  I like the idea, so in good teacher fashion, I am going to borrow and adapt.

Highlights:

  • We had an awesome Youth Sunday at church, where my middle son was enrolled as a Jr. Soldier.  Hubby and I also made some connections with some key Officers.
  • Hubby and I had a very good conversation with our Officers about possibilities for our future.
  • Had a breakthrough in my 31 Day theme of Contentment.
  • Finally got a pattern nailed down for the squares I am making for my mom's surgery afghan.
  • Made some different financial choices that will hopefully leave us in a better place with weekly finances.  (Actually this will be touched on in a blog in a bit)
  • Got two different afternoons at the park with the kiddos.
  • Was reconnected with two different dear friends who each had their own time "off the grid".

Issues that need to be worked through:
  • Continue to make more good choices financially.
  • Consistent morning and evening routines need to be developed and maintained.  
  • Computer time needs to be limited and more focused
What is coming up next week:
  • Monday Sabbath!!!  First time in about six months!!!
  • A conversation about our future and a plan developed for going forward. - more on this Monday afternoon
  • Dig out Creative Call - to begin implementing
  • Continued blogging on the 31 day theme of Contentment - another one is coming up later today.
  • Goal of cleaning out and purging 5 dedicated spaces this week.  One today and one each Tues - Fri.   
I realize some of this is a big cryptic, but hopefully I will be able to explain more over the coming week.  I plan on blogging more over the coming days and weeks and building my blogging voice again.   Over all it was a good week.  Lessons were learned both by me and the kiddos.  I had some great conversations and laughed myself silly over some things.  School was done and now some serious cleaning needs to happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment