And so it comes, the day after, it comes every year, every holiday, every special occasion, event or day. Always the day after. We put so much planning and thought and anticipation into the day, whatever 'day' it is, Christmas, birthday, anniversary etc., that when the day is over there is usually a let down, a return to 'normal' that leaves us wondering where to go and what to do next. Sometimes for some people that leads to a depression or a downward spiral that is hard to control. Sometimes it leads people to a kind of lackadaisical response that results in doing nothing.
For me on the day following my anniversary, a day which I didn't really put a lot of plans into anyway, I have fallen into the later category for the majority of the morning. I haven't done much of anything, and have let the kids do nothing similarly. I am not saying this is a bad thing, at this point, But it is a pattern I fall into very often and if I allow it to continue much further than the end of the writing of this blog, It will be my pattern of the day and probably the rest of the week. And that is a habit or a routine I want to change about myself and my reactions. So I am going to get up from this chair and get going on some changes I want to incorporate in my daily routine, albeit a bit late this morning, but it is still morning. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment