- We are in the middle of hectic Holiday week here at ChezSummers, Along with Christmas and New Year's Day being a week apart. In the middle of the two is our wedding anniversary and our oldest son's birthday is also on New Year's Day. So we do a lot of celebrating the last week of the year.
- Like my friend Dana I have yet to take my tree down. It was the only decorations I put up this year but it is still up. I am thinking that tomorrow will be the day that it comes down. It will be warm enough to go out to the storage building without bundling up so we will be able to get the boxes and take them back out there easily enough. It will also give me today to get the living area cleaned today.
- I am not a coffee drinker, but I am a tea drinker, hot or iced, I love it. Yesterday I lost my tea glass. I usually have one I start in the morning and refill as necessary during the day. Like a lot of coffee drinkers I know. I couldn't find the glass, it wasn't in any of my normal spots, desk, nightstand, bookcase, all those coasters were empty. It wasn't on the counter or in the sink, where my boys usually put it when they find it. I couldn't find the thing. So I did the next best thing and got another glass. It really frustrated me! I found it last night when I closed the computer for the night. Some helpful soul, probably me, stuck it BEHIND the computer screen. I just laughed.
- I have musical kids, it amuses me. I have always enjoyed music and sort of play two instruments myself. I say sort of because as a musician I am not that good at either, but non-musicians are often impressed.....Anyway, my daughter was began playing the cornet this summer and has been self teaching the piano. My oldest son has picked up and learned the recorder in the last few months. Now the middle son has started working on simple tunes on the piano, or at least the play one he was given for Christmas.
- We had a family portrait made a few weeks ago. It was time the last one we had was made six years ago and we've added a child since then. It has been hanging on the wall now for the last few days and every time the Little Man sees it, he starts naming the people in it. "It's Da-eee (Daddy), It's Mama. It's Sissy. It's Bubba. It's Bubba" He is so excited to see it. Now if we could only teach him to say his own name :-)
- I have been contemplating New Year's goals and routines I want to change in the coming months. This year will be one that I record and list progress on these goals. I really want to be able to look back and see the progress I have made this year. For some reason that is important for me to think about this year.
- I have also been thinking about gifts for next year as well both for birthdays and Christmas. Yes it feels good to have a start on thinking of these ideas now and looking forward to creating and making them happen.
Friday, December 30, 2011
7 Quick Takes Ed. 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You don't have to take the tree down until 12th night. It's not 12th night yet. I shall probably take mine down when Michael heads back to college next Tuesday.
ReplyDelete