Several years ago (a little over 5 in fact) I wrote another piece on an older blog entitled 15 years. About which I remembered another anniversary, a birthday as a matter of fact, and realized something important in during the telling of that post. However, it isn't that birthday or anniversary of which I write today.
Today I write of my own anniversary, fifteen years of being married to the man I call my best friend. The man who took a broken heart and helped mend it. The man who, for almost 18 years has been teaching me to believe in my own worth and beauty. The man who took and still takes my mistakes in stride and always helps me to learn from them and tries to never let me beat myself up over them. (I say tries because I often try to overrule his judgment and do it anyway). The man who convinced me of my ability to raise and love not only one boy, but three of them, as well as their sister. (For some reason I never dreamed I'd have a boy, I don't know why.....)
Today I celebrate our years together and pray for many more.
No comments:
Post a Comment