Saturday, September 29, 2012

31 Days

After a summer of drifting and not really being settled, as is apparent by my lack of posting,  I realized, again, my need for routine and progress.  September has been a month of relearning, changes and reforming.  It has been a busy month, yet one that I haven't been able to put into words much, though I have tried.  You can see some of what I have been up to in my one and only post since May.

I was reminded about 31 Days.. by a dear friend of mine and decided I would use that as a jump start on my blogging.  It would get my habit back and perhaps generate a few new ideas.  But what to blog about for 31 whole days.  Last year I didn't do so well at the topic and didn't link it up anywhere because it was very personal to me.  You can go back in the archives if you are interested in finding out what I had to say then.  But I really wanted to be disciplined and do something informational yet interesting and relavent to me, so I started listing ideas in my head.  I couldn't really hit upon an idea that really struck me.   Then as I lay in bed one night thinking of and rejecting most ideas, one came to me that could have only come from God.

31 Days of The Salvation Army


My church is a huge part of my life.  Yet is it less known for the church that it is than it is for the humanitarian efforts and social service work we do. So my goal is to become more familiar with my church as I write to help others understand our full identity.   For a starting point you can look at my first blog of the year.  One Army, One Mission, One Message

Join me as I explore.



2 comments:

  1. I think it's great you are doing a 31 Days on the Salvation Army! I'm a SA soldier as well, and my parents are retired officers. I look forward to reading your posts!

    Blessings,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement. I just posted the first post a few minutes ago. As an Officer's Kid, there probably isn't much in that one you don't know. But it I hope to put my own story into work as I go.

      Delete