Wednesday, October 3, 2012
An Answer to Prayer
Yesterday I alluded to an action that changed the way I looked at The Salvation Army forever. More accurately it was the start of a chain of events that changed the way I viewed myself in The Army. But even as I write those sentences out, I realize that the events really were part of a plan orchestrated by God.
But let me step back a bit. I called my fiance walking in the doors a literal answer to prayer. Let me explain that. I had just started to attend Home League meetings. At the time prayer meetings were held just prior to Home League and Men's Club time. And just before the regular prayer meetings was a time of concentrated prayer just for Corps growth. I hadn't been participating in the Corps growth prayer time, as I wasn't yet a member and felt like I was intruding on this special time. I also was unsure of myself and didn't want to embarrass myself, a big fear I battled then and still do to some extent all these years later. One evening however, Mrs. Capt. (as Officer's Wives were still called then) pulled me aside and asked me to join this time. She said, "We can pray Steven (my fiance) in the doors" So I joined in, not really expecting much of that particular prayer. We finished in the chapel and had our regular prayer meeting in the Fellowship Hall. About the time that we were finishing and dividing up for adult programs, the front door opens and in walks Steven. I nearly fainted at the answer to prayer.
It was his first Men's Club meeting, and he began to join me on Wednesday nights. Eventually we started attending Sunday morning services together as well. From there our participation as a couple grew and we decided that this would be our church home after our upcoming marriage. Well, by this point *I* already knew it would be because God had already spoken to my heart. That is another story, for another day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment