We were cleaning out our closet yesterday. And in the cleaning out, purging, getting rid of, throwing away, putting away, of the piles of stuff that were occupying my closet, I found something.
I could tell you lots abut the hat. Such as it is from the Rockies Inaugural season 1993, and that I actually went to game at Mile High Stadium, where they were playing then. But that isn't the point. I could tell you the history of this particular hat, who bought it, how I came into possession of it, why I still have it after all these years. But that isn't really the point either.
The point is a quote I heard earlier today "Everyone has a past, and I don't want to be defined by mine." At one time this hat represented a particular point in my past. And I said yesterday when I found the hat, there are a lot of emotions and lessons associated with it. The emotions was the reason why it 'disappeared' the first time. (This last time was actually accidental, it just got lost in the closet). The emotions were what I needed to get past to learn the lessons that I needed to learn. These last three years have been a huge learning curve for me in this particular area. Now I just want to get past the past and live in the here and now, remembering but not defining myself by the past. So now I wear the hat once again, as a reminder of the lessons learned and the resolve to live in the here and now.

No comments:
Post a Comment