Tuesday, January 17, 2012

God got me up early this morning

I didn't go to bed very early last night.  I didn't sleep well last nigh, not at all.  To tell you the truth I was glad Hubby had to go in early this morning, because that usually means that I can get some more sleep after he leaves before getting up and really starting the day.  On days he doesn't have to go to the office before starting work he leaves later and I am more awake by that time and the clock is usually inching closer to that magical time in which the alarm sounds so I usually don't get to go back to sleep.   But this morning was a God orchestrated chain of events that woke me up early and kept me up in the mean time.

One might call what happened a nuisance, a frustration or outright maddening.   Honestly it involved several major distractions to sleeping, including unneeded alarms, the tv and jump starting a vehicle.  But because I was now awake, and had more time before kiddos were awakened, I got to spend time reading, some online and some in my Bible and in study.  I received several encouraging jolts during this time.

I received a message from a person who had read my blog.  A person I didn't previously know.  This reader commented on something I was sure bored my (few) readers.  She also encouraged me about words I had posted else where which she had read.  Those words took a lot for me to write because they were a somewhat different way of thinking that was the norm for that particular venue and I am not good about speaking out against the norm.  

Then on the heels of that very message I see another dear friend has posted THIS:


THAT spoke to me as well, telling, confirming to me that my words were used for a purpose.  Add to that the words I received late last week, about which I have not yet blogged, "Trust the process"  God is revealing more at each step today.  My prayer as I deal with my children and others today is that I embody those words and be the vessel of that light.

There are other things to share, but I now must actually start the run of the mill routines that make up my Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love the way God sends confirmation through so many different ways when He wants us to get a message!

    ReplyDelete