Tuesday, January 31, 2012



This is an oft quoted verse, in times of distress and uncertainty in future events.  Those of you that know me, know I usually stay away from those verses, for a variety of reasons. But today this verse has been brought to mind in two totally different contexts and for two totally different reasons.  
A friend and I were talking of events that were happening now and a probable change that would happen in the next few months.  At a point in the conversation I remarked on the fact that neither of us had dreamed when we were younger that these common place events in our lives today would have ever been possible.   But God knew then.  He knew what we would need to be able to do in the future.  He knew then what He would call us to do.  But quite honestly, if He had let me in on some of these things ahead of time, I would probably have run screaming and crying the other way.   Or more probably as is my nature, I would have just withdrawn and not done or said anything.  But you get the picture.  
I think that this is one reason that God doesn't tell us everything in advance.  He just asks us to trust Him.  My daughter is busy making plans for the future,  She pretty much has her summer planned out.  It is going to be very easy for her (and hard for me, she is my right hand around here and is going to be gone all.summer.long)  I am willing to venture out there and say, int he midst of those plans (which are pretty certain at this point) God is going to have some surprises stuck in there for her.  She is also full of dreams and plans for her long term future.  Just as I was at that age.  However, my life right  now looks very different from my plans all those years ago.   And I am certainly willing to bet that her future will be much different than what she imagines right now.  But it will be perfect for her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment