Friday, January 6, 2012

7 Quick Takes Ed 3


1. I contemplated using a volume and edition number on this because of the new year but realized that was really just making more work since this is only the 3rd time I have done this, so edition 3 is what you get today. I may do a second volume next year.

2.  Growing up there were three families that my family got together with often.  In each case the wife/mom of the family ended up the shortest person in that group, all  having husbands and children taller than herself.  I am well on my way to follow in those footsteps.  The oldest is already taller than her momma,  the middle boys both are less than a foot shorter than me at almost 8 and 10.  My only hope is the toddler, and I wouldn't wish a 5'2" stature on any male.

3. But being taller seems to be a trait of the women in my family,  my mother and grandmother were both taller than their mothers, as am I and my sister, and my daughter.

4. Enough about height.  My father lost his beloved Yellow Lab to old age about 3 months ago.  He is about ready to start looking for a replacement.  My parents have agreed that a lab is too big and they want a mid sized dog that would be comfortable in the house but primarily an outside dog.  Anyone have any suggestions.

5.This year is going to be a year of work, I can already feel it.  But I am excited about it at this point.  When talking about my theme earlier this week, it was pointed out to me that this may be a wrap up year, where God kind of wraps up the themes of previous years in several or many small lessons throughout the year.  As I take stock of things I think she may be very correct.  Again that excites me, but at the same time I realize that it will probably be a lot of work.  I think that this poster posted by a friend of mine will sum up this year well.


6. On a lighter note, I am falling in love with crochet all over again.  I love creating and making things from yarn,  I love exploring stitches and textures, I love looking at a pattern and deciding colors to work with.  I love picking a pattern apart and seeing what makes it work,  And I love the various finished products that i create.  I  have three different block of the month projects going, and several idea for smaller projects as well.  That makes me happy beyond words right now.

7.  I went to the library yesterday, or rather we went,  As usual we came home with a bag full of books.  But what's different is the fact that I got to check out some books on my own.  So not only do I have a long list on my Kindle to read, I have six real paper books to read as well.  That means I better get off of here and start school so I can read when it is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment