We here at Working It Out are a family of five people and one lovable, but lazy at times, dog. All of whom you will hear from at times, except for maybe the dog, so I thought I would introduce you to the crew.
Heading up the household is dear old Dad. He works many hours to support our family. Dad loves to read, as attested to by the many books that are his. He shares that love with all of us, often reading aloud on long trips and at bedtimes. He is also the goto person when it comes to science quetions around here. Often the questions start out with "I don't want a Dad answer, but ......" He is learning to tailor his answers to the size, understanding, and attention span of the asker.
Firstborn is Pumpkin. She is a bright and highly intelligent 10 year old. She goes by several nicknames around here, but I call her Pumpkin, that is my nickname for her. Being the firstborn child, grandchild, great-grandchild, and niece on my side of the family she aquired several unique nicknames. At the age of 3, she informed me I could no longer call her by her given name because that was "Granddaddy's name for her". She loves anything horse related. In fact, right now she is watching Black Beauty.
Second is Buddy. When the doctor, at the ultra sound told me "Looks like we are having a boy". I responded with, "We are having a WHAT?" I never dreamed I'd have boys. But now I could not imagine life without my Buddy. He has been happy go lucky, laid back almost since the day he was born. Oh he does have his total boy moments. But he is still my Buddy. He, like most seven year olds, loves anything related to Star Wars.
Third in line is Bug. He is the inspiration of my full screename (to be discussed later). I have called this delightful, fun loving, five year old, Bug almost since he was born. He is the spitting image of his Grandfather at the same age and is very much like his older siblings, highly intelligent and absorbs knowledge at an incredible rate. In fact he is my child to read at the earliest age. He love Star Wars almost as much as his older brother, but adores anything superhero related - and is currently in a Spiderman costume as I type this.
The dog is a miniture dashound, who is rather large (fat) and goes by the name of Pepper. Thee year old Pumpkin wanted to name her Cinnamon, when she recieved her as a birthday gift. But was persuaded that name didn't fit a black and tan dog. She settled on Pepper instead.
Lastly you have your author for the day. Mom of 3 Little Bugs, or Mom for short. I am a professional educator, having taught in the classroom for 12 years. I have taught all ages from three-years-old to most recently second grade. I will be taking on the role as homeschooling mother once again. I am and always have been a reader. In fact, most of the books around here are really mine. I love all things related to social studies, especially history.
This year we are adventuring into to homeschooling once again. We homeschooled three years ago for one year, but circumstances prevented us from continuing the next year. But we have been given the opportunity to do so once again.
There you have it. Our introduction. I will explain more on the purpose of this blog tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment