So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them. Genesis 1:27
That is right we were created in God's image. I believe that means we share many of His characteristics. Just as my children favor me and/or my husband. And they take after us in many more ways than I'd ever imagined was possible. We 'take after' God. You do not have to go far into the Bible for characteristics of God. The very first verse of the Bible gives us one. "God created". He took an interest, got down and dirty and created. He created order out of chaos. He created the Heavens and the Earth, Light, the sky, the land, the seas, the sun, the moon, the stars, the vegetation, the animals. In Chapter 2, He tells us that God formed him from the dust of the ground, and breathed the breath of life into him. As I look out at my boys playing in the yard, the only way that they can form anything out of the dirt is with their hands. So I must believe God got his hands dirty to create man.
Now my boys can not give life to anything they create out the dirt, no matter how hard they believe. However, God can and did. With that life came our spirits, the same spirits that drive us. The characteristics we show that 'take after' our Creator.
I believe that one of those characteristics in everyone is the desire to create. I believe everyone has an inborn desire to create, to create SOMETHING. Not everybody is given the same gift or the desire to create the same thing. I have friends that create beautiful music, with intruments and/or their voices. Others create beautiful jewelry and other handiworks. Still others create with words or pictures. I create in several ways, but one of my very favorite ways is with my scrapbooking.
Just one page of a recently finished Scrapbook
No comments:
Post a Comment