Friday, March 9, 2012

7 Quick Takes Ed 5



1. Has it really been a month since I posted?  That has got to change!  It is one of the things I am going to be intentional about in the coming days and weeks.  In truth, I have had a lot going on the last couple of weeks, but like I tell my kids, that things getting busy is not an excuse to let other things go.  It means I must be intentional about doing things right.  

2.  My yearly theme this year may be "Listen" but within that theme God has me listening to what I am calling, mini themes.  As you may have guessed the current mini-theme is Being Intentional.  Goes along with the thought that you can't keep doing the same things, the same way and expect different results.  For far too long I have done that.  So now I am making changes, being intentional about some things, making sure things happen. All within the context of my daily and weekly routines.  I am enjoying the outcomes so far.

3.  Tomorrow I am going back home, back to the town where I grew up.  I haven't been back in quite awhile.  My parents moved not long after I went to college.  So it has been awhile since I have been back, except to drive through in quite awhile.  There is a purpose for this visit.  I hope to see a time capsule dug up that I helped create and bury 25 years ago.  I also hope to eat lunch with at least on long time friend.  I am excited.

4.  You have heard me speak of my crochet love.  I did something a couple of weeks ago, that I have never done before.  Actually designed an afghan block, and wrote down the pattern.  I have had several people testing it.  It has been a fun process.  Here is a peek at the block



Photo02291616.jpg by momof3litlbugs

Photo02291616.jpg, a photo by momof3litlbugs on Flickr.


5.  Last weekend I spent the whole weekend at a fellowship retreat engaging in my other crafting passion scrapbooking.  It was so fun.  An enriching time of fellowship, learning, and creating.  I loved every minute of it.  God talked to me a LOT and I got 30 pages done.  Now I have to put them into the kids albums.

6. The weather this week has been wonderful, spring like, warm and sunny, and then stormy and rainy and temperature dropping 30 degrees in 6 hours.  Truly springlike.  At least we have, so far, been spared the storms of last year.  Other areas can not say the same thing.

7. Well, if I am going to be intentional about the day.  I must get up from here and get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment