Friday, February 10, 2012

7 Quick Takes Ed 4




1.  Thursday Night's blog hit an all time high on page views. Of course it is only 19 but still any victory is a victory worth celebrating.  

2. We have croup in the house,  but only one child fell victim to it thankfully.  And  God really showed off for me that day.  It really was a blessing to reflect on all the little blessings there.  It was a lesson to me in that thinking if the little things may not mean much to others really meant a lot to me, then there must be little things that don't mean much to me that really do mean a lot to other people and I should celebrate those with them.  (How's that for a run on sentence)

3.  It MAY snow here on Monday,  and even though the weather has been too warm for any road hazards or accumulation, that doesn't mean that the stores will not run out of milk and toilet paper.  We also may get severe weather toward the end of the week next week, welcome to winter in Arkansas.

4. Little Man will be 2 on Tuesday.  We are going to celebrate with grandparents tomorrow.  Where does the time go?  That little 5 lb 8 oz preemie is now running everywhere and getting into everything!

5.  I have been crocheting a lot lately.  It is relaxing to me and helps me to destress after a long day.  I have already talked about working with and creating all types of textures with yarn.  Right now it is color combinations that intrigue me.  I am working on granny squares for an afghan and I am loving the different  and unexpected color combos that come from working as randomly as I have been. 

6. The Daytona 500 is in 16 days.  I am so ready for it.  I miss the cars on the track.

7.  I miss Dana's voice in my day.  She's still there and I hear from her frequently, it is just different and I miss that. That is all


3 comments:

  1. So fun to find someone else who likes crochet! I learned to knit last fall, but crochet is my first love. I find it relaxing too . . . there's something about the rhythm of the stitches that just lets me unwind and rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i croched something once ... i think it was a scarf. i do remember that my crochet needle was periwinkle blue and i thought it was soooo cool:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm a crocheter (who doesn't get to do it much due to time constraints and my fingers aching from fibromyalgia) and also the mom of a preemie who will be turning 3 in april.

    ReplyDelete