Friday, December 28, 2012

16 Years

16 years ago, I said "I do".  I was a young, brand new college graduate, ready to take on the world.    I was wide-eyed and idealistic, and had many ideas how this new life world work. I had the faithful examples of my parents and my grandparents from which to copy,  I had other newly married friends on whom I could lean,  we both had supportive families on which we could rely.  It seemed perfect.

16 years later we have learned lessons that I never dreamed we would have learn.  We have weathered storms that I didn't think were possible to weather.  We have had adventures that have tested the limits of excitement.  Joys and sorrows, sickness and health, poorer and not so poor,  we have been there.

Through it all we have become stronger as a couple and as individuals. We are not the same people we were then.  He is not only my husband and father to our children,  he is also my best friend.  We are two halves of a whole, yet each one a more whole person on our own.


No comments:

Post a Comment