Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Plans

I have struggled with words for the last week.  I have wanted to write a blog post everyday for the past week,  well 5 out of 7 of those days anyway.  I have even started a few times. But the words just won't come. It isn't the topic either because I have tried to write on several different topics.  I have come to an unwelcome conclusion.  I have blogging ADD.  No that isn't an official medical diagnosis.  It is my own hodgepodge of terms.  And believe me I am not trying to be funny or poke fun at anyone who really suffers from ADD.  Believe me I live with 2 who do, I married one and gave birth to the other one.

I attempted 31 Days in two places.  I got several recipes down on the recipe blog before letting it go.  I got even less done here about The Salvation Army.  It really saddens me that I let both of these endeavors go. I had really good intentions but no strong plans made before the start.  So I didn't follow through.  That is generally true in life as well.  Good intentions but no plans equals little follow through.

For those with ADD plans and structure are necessities.  They help the person cope and proceed through the day, or week, or even just the hour without losing focus and getting nothing accomplished.  And thus the problem with my blogging.  I had hoped to jump start my blogging with 31 Days, but with just the idea, it didn't get done.  I needed a plan and a structure to accomplish more with the blog.

So in the next few days that is what I will be doing over here.  Making some decisions and some plans for ye old blog.  By Thanksgiving I want to have plans and goals for December.

No comments:

Post a Comment