Monday, July 5, 2010

More Time for ME

  1. Create a housework schedule/ notebook
  2. Menu Plan
  3. Create a chore list for the girls
  4. Spend more time learning and enjoying than doing chores
  5. Start making goal lists the night before
  6. Create morning and night time routines
  7. Declutter each room of the house 
I stole this list from a friend of mine.  But her list is actually very close to my own list.  We for different reasons and in different circumstances seem to be walking the same path lately.  So I shamelessly stole her list to make my own.  

I have said many times in my life that I am going to change things when it comes to my housework and life in general.  I have needed to make changes because I wasn't happy with the way things were.  I could even envision things the "way they were supposed to be".  But I never quite got there.  I never really made it past just a few days or weeks lots of times.  What makes  me think it will be different this time.  Because my motivations are different.  I am at the place where I am doing this for *ME* because *I* want to.  Not for the need to match up to some idealized state that I can never be.  Not for the need to be or do something I think someone else wants me to be or do in order to be accepted.  Not even for the need to do it because someone else wants me to, I *should* do it.  It is for me, and only me.  Sure my family and my home will reap the benefits of it, and in a way I am doing it for them. But primarily it is for me.  Ownership I have a part in it I am owing up to it. I am doing it for me.

If any of that made sense to you. I am glad, if it didn't that is okay, too. Perhaps I just needed to write it out for me anyway.  

Now for the *ME* version of my list

*Create a meal plan, and meal notebook
*Create a household notebook, including budget/financial pages
*Create morning and evening routines for me and kiddos
*Create chore charts for kiddos
*Create running grocery list and to do lists
*Create yarn project lists ( what I wanna do with what I have, what I wanna do that I don't have, make wish lists and watch for sales etc) 

No comments:

Post a Comment