Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Friend Requests.

I was reminded this morning that God has our future in HIS hands. Mere men may think that they hold the key to our future but in reality they only hold what God allows. God is in ultimate control over everything and HE will act according to HIS will. I must simply watch, wait and trust HIM.

And what is more HE is my Friend. HE cares what happens to me, HE is involved in my life, HE is close to me, HE wants me to talk to HIM, HE wants to be a part of my life. I have been using Facebook as a comparison here. I have friends on my list that I don't really KNOW, I know their name and they mine, I have been acquainted with them in the past or even now, but I could probably clear them off of my friends list and no one would even know or care, we dont' make a difference in each other's lives. But I also have friends that I communicate with very often. Ones that I would miss if I didn't, that I do miss when I haven't talked with them much, ones whose friendship I count on and hold very special close to my heart. THAT is the kind of friendship God has and wants with me. HE misses me when I don't talk to Him. HE counts me a friend. I need to count HIM as one of my friends in this manner. I need to make time to talk WITH HIM and not AT HIM. He not only holds my future but He also wants to be my friend.

Do you have a friend request from God that you haven't accepted? What I have ins't special, He wants it with you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment