Over the years however, my blogging has changed and I am not sure I like that change. I started reading and following other blogs and thinking they were 'better' than mine I decided to imitate them and be more 'profound'. Well what I found is that I don't blog nearly as much as I used to and my writing has suffered because of that fact. For one who aspires to write more, that is not a good thing. So I am resolving to go back to my roots so to speak and blog from my heart once again.
Thursday, June 3, 2010
Blogging habits
Today I am reexamining why I write in my blog. Early on in my blogging career it was simply a snapshot into my days. I wrote and I processed the things going on around me and in my life. At the time I had a 3 year old, and one less than a year old. I also had a husband that worked during the second shift while I worked days. I had a lot of evening time to myself and I wrote. It was interesting. I wrote out the story of meeting my husband, though when I went back and read it last year I realized some of the extraneous details of that story were somewhat shaded by my experiences at the time. I wrote about challenges I faced in my classroom and with my children. I blogged the pregnancy of my third child and was bursting with the news of my younger sister's pregnancy. I wrote about the passing of my beloved grandmother and her impact on me. I wrote about many things, those are some of the things I member most about those early years. I made quite a few friends blogging and blogging brought me into contact with an amazing group of women I would not have ever met if I had not started blogging. (I challenge you to use the word blogging three times in one sentence)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment