Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sunday vs Monday.

This week has been a classic example in my life.  And today God has been bringing it up again and again.  I believe He wants me to learn a lesson from it.  Since, as an educator, I believe that more ways you experience a lesson the better you learn that lesson, I will also be processing and writing out my experiences.  Hopefully it will make sense and maybe you will get something out of it too.

Sunday wasn't a good day for me.  You see I was on that sinking sand.  I was believing the lies the enemy was speaking into my ears.  But as Cheri pointed out so eloquently, believing that perception was coloring my view of everything.  I was not a happy camper nor very pleasant to be around.

Yet after a good night's sleep, one in which the baby slept through the night, I had a whole new perception on Monday.  I made the choice to have a better outlook and day, and guess what I did.  I made a choice to lean on that Solid Rock and believe Him. It was a much better day.  Things that would have been over the top for me to handle on Sunday, didn't bother me on Monday.   And I didn't just survive the day, I enjoyed it.

This morning presented yet another choice and I am choosing a similar path to Monday's and it is working out well.  The principal at the last school I taught paraphrased this popular verse in this was "This is the day that the Lord has made and I will CHOOSE to rejoice in it"  It is all about choice people, all about choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment