Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Books! Books! Books!

Following a link from the Lovely Leann ~ I have found this!

31 Days of Organizing for a Better 2010

Mandi @ Organizing Your Way has set up this challenge. Now of course I am a few days behind.  But that is how I roll around here.  And you know what it is okay.  There are a couple I want to go back and pick up, and I plan on doing that later today or tomorrow.  However, today's I can do right now.



1. Define your goal.

I have done various goals through out the years.  I have also joined several reading challenges only to not finish them.  I have only finished one,  So I am not going there this year.  This is going to have to be my way if I am going to do it all.  (as a note I have a My Way or No Way blog peculating to be posted soon.)

So my goal to read something for myself everyday,  Because I want to, not because it is required of me - I have reading to do in preparation for Sunday School and will have reading to do in preparation for Training, But this doesn't include any of that.  This is reading because I WANT to.


2. Join a book club.

This is already done!  I am reading with Leann and Dana and others with the Bibliomaniacs.  I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my first book for the group.

Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society by Barrow and Shaffer


3. Mix it up.


Easy to do, I have a TON of unread books around here, as well as some beloved series to reread with necessary.
I think I can do this without to much trouble.

4. Buy a Kindle.


Okay she was really kidding on this but the idea behind is, "figure out what obstacles are standing in the way of your goal and address them now. "  


I can't buy a Kindle or other reading device, because of finances, however, I don't particularly want one either.  I have a need to have the paper feel of a book in my hands as I read.  However, I am figuring out a new obstacle in my reading ~  get ready for a laugh for those who know me~  it is my crocheting.  Yes, a new passion I have found is keeping me from reading as much.  SO.................................I will crochet while I watch TV and when I have to turn the TV off because hubby is trying to sleep, I will read..........

5. Keep a running list of books.

Still pondering on this one,  I will attempt to keep up with them on the side bar of my blog.  Maybe on paper as well.

6. Remember that reading a little is better than not reading at all.



No comments:

Post a Comment