All things work together for good for those that love God and are called according to His purpose ~ Romans 8:28
That is my life verse, the one that God gave me as a young teen, as I was exploring the Bible, really exploring it, for the first time. Yes, it is one of those verses that is quoted a lot. Not as much as some others, but enough. It is one a lot of people know. But at the time I didn't know it, hadn't heard it a million times. I had barely even read Romans at the time. But it jumped right out at me. And I memorized it very quickly, and for me that is huge. I don't memorize anything very quickly at all. I claimed it then for my life verse. Not in a name it, claim it kind of way. But as His promise to me.
One thing I want to say however, is that, in this promise, God does NOT say all things will be good. But that they will be USED for good. And not for everyone, just for those that love God and are called according to His purpose. Those are two pretty big requirements right there. I can't say I have always been living out His calling for me, there have been times I have been actively running from it. But through it all God has been faithful and even used those times, the running years, now for good and learning in my life now.
God has used many bad times to teach and grow me. He has used many good times to refresh and reaffirm me. But through it all He has been faithful. That is why I named this blog 'All Things" because that is what it is going to be about. The good, the bad, the ugly and the beautiful, and how He is using those for good for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment